1992 K1500 Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92BlkK1500

Reaction score
Hi yall I'm Alex, this is the build of my truck it's a 1992 K1500 Silverado Z71. Well basically i rode around in this truck for awhile as it was my buddies truck. He moved back to Springtown from Mansfield the truck had a title loan on it so he asked if i could store it for him. It sat in my yard for a couple months, one day he texted me and asked if i wanted to buy her. the truck is basically stock bone stock except for some crank and 2" lift blocks one is broken but it'll be replaced. It has a 5.7L tbi, NV4500, NP241c not NV3500 like i thought when i bought it. The exhaust will be redone longtubes and 2.5" trueduals dumped over the axle. What it needs right now is, I need to drop the trans and transfer case replace the Rear main seal while I'm at it, it'll get a new Mellings oil pump and Fel-pro blue rubber one piece oil pan gasket, and Fel-pro blue rubber gaskets for the valve covers as well. When I get the money I'm gonna rebuild a TBI unit maybe, do some mods to it aswell. The truck rides on 265/75R16 right now but the tires will be replaced with 35x12.5's or 315/75r16's eventually. The truck will get regeared to 4.56's or 4.88's haven't decided as of yet a lockright or a detroit locker. Ill need to fix the drivers door hinge bushings. new front seats and console or put a bench in it. now i need to figure my damn computer out to post the pictures. Thanks for lookin

,Owl

92BlkK1500

Reaction score
Thanks guys, well I'm a tard when it comes to computers so it might be a minute before I'm able to upload pics. it has the maroon interior, the driver and passenger seats are trashed. the seat rail is broke on both sides, the driver side seat doesnt fold forward or back hell you cant even move the handle. The passenger seat doesnt stay it still slides back and forth.

92BlkK1500

Reaction score
So I finally got the stuff to fix the oil leak, a rear main seal set and one piece oil pan gasket set both from felpro, along with a Ac/delco oil filter and 5 quarts of 10w/30 Orielly's oil. I fixed the lift blocks today, I ordered superlift 2" lift blocksfrom Jegs and they sent the wrong nuts so I made a trip to Fastenal and got some grade 8 nuts and hardened washers. The lift blocks were cheaper than I thought they would be 2 different sets of u-bolts were used on the truck 9/16's and 5/8's sawzall took care of them though.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use photo bucket to upload images. Just copy and paste the
You must be registered for see images

92BlkK1500

Reaction score
I tried that but i cant upload them to photobucket from my computer which sucks because it looks better than it did.