1990 454ss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Man, another member with my dream truck.... Looks sweetttt!!!! I love the lowered 454ss! you should put 255s all around. Thats wehat i have on my truck, and it looks great!

slow ss

Reaction score
Nice 454SS! I want one soooooo bad! Wasn't it only 1993 that you could get one in either victory red or summit white? But if I get one some day its going to have to be in onyx black. It sucks that GM didn't offer any drive train options for them. It would have been cool if you could get a 4 speed with a hurst shifter and various axle ratios to choose from.

you could get red or white in 92-93
i would just be happy with an overdrive for now its turning some high rpm to go 70mph lol

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the stock trannys on these trucks blew up because of over heating without the over drive. never had any issues?

slow ss

Reaction score
Im going to keep the 275 on back im happy with the look back there just got to go smaller on front. as far as i know the th400 are pretty relible.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the stock trannys on these trucks blew up because of over heating without the over drive. never had any issues?

1990 454SS trucks came with a TH400 trans (without overdrive) and 3.73 rear gears
1991-1993 454SS trucks came with a 4L80e trans (with overdrive) and 4.10 rear gears

Both are damn near bulletproof in stock form. The lack of overdrive is not going to cause the trans to blow up. Automatic transmissions overheat due to overloading and insufficient cooling. The factory cooler on these trucks is sufficient for light duty towing, but ANY factory transmission cooler should be updated when towing heavy loads, which will make the transmission run cooler.

Now when people start adding excessive amounts of horsepower and torque and try to tow without an external cooler, then you may have issues. These transmissions are far superior to the 7004r or 4L80e in stock form.

slow ss

Reaction score
done a quick clean up on it today
You must be registered for see images attach

then my little girl had to get her pic taken
You must be registered for see images attach

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Man your truck looks good! i really like the stance of it with those wheels. Now im set, dont change the tire size! those looks sweet!