1989 C2500 Build "White Lightning"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bsn1989

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy New Year! Its been a while since my update, wife and I have a beautiful baby boy who is now 6 months old who takes up most of our free time.(thus the slow update)

Anyway, a lot has happened since the last update.

I bought some new buckets for the truck. They came used out of a conversion style extended cab truck. They say "Sportsman" on the headrests, anybody have any idea what these are from or where they were made? They are comfy and having buckets is quite nice.
You must be registered for see images attach

Notice the fire extinguisher above? Safety first kids!

Also installed a vacuum canister for my brakes as they weren't all that good. Its an old school solution but it works great, lots of hard brake pedal now.

Also installed a taller air cleaner element (a 4" one) and also installed some 10.5 mm plug wires(getting rid of those for some nicer Taylor wires)

bsn1989

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also had installed a line lock for the truck too. It worked fine for a while and then the solenoid wouldn't release and my brakes would get stuck. I've since removed it and am going with a different style line lock for the future.

It definitely held the truck back and made it do great burnouts!

bsn1989

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
And then winter came(end 2017 - early 2018) and upgrades needed to happen.

Purchased a set of used Patriot Freedom Series 185cc Aluminum Cylinder Heads. Had the guides opened up, had the pushrod holes elongated, had the valves lapped in and had all new hardware installed in them.

bsn1989

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
After we got the heads assembled, I installed them along with a Summit Stage 3 intake (essentially Performer RPM Air Gap Clone).

After which I added a pair of the Thompson Performance powerblast plates. I am in no way sponsored by them and wanted to try them. It did make part throttle a bit less stumbley with the pump shot I have on this carb. I'd say they were worth the investment.

bsn1989

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me and my buddies brought our junk-mobiles to the Jefferson WI swap meet last year too. Dind't find anything cool for my truck but it was a good time and LOTS of walking was done.

bsn1989

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now for the most current update. She's stored for the winter as she always is.

I bought some 15x10 wheels from US Wheel and had them custom ordered with 7" of backspacing to tuck under my lowered truck.

I mounted some M&H Racemaster 29.5" slicks on them that I got for dirt cheap(40 bucks!!) they look almost new.

Also bought a pair of stock 2001 16" aluminum wheels, currently they are painted primer grey because its wayyy to cold to paint right now. These will be the "skinnies" for the front of the truck. I'll be saving 30 pounds off the nose of it by using these at the track vs my 18s

bsn1989

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
And yes, I have replacement fenders, just been lazy and haven't gotten them welded in yet haha

bsn1989

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the process of installing a newer line lock kit. The one I had before stopped working and caused my front brakes to lock up.

With being a Dad and working full time, time to wrench is limited so I take what I can get.

bsn1989

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the newer line lock installed and tested it. It works great at holding the truck back during burnouts. :naughty:

Tightened up my steering box a bit too, which really helped take the slop out of the truck's steering.

Ran my truck at the track and ran a personal best of 13.1 at 104.

Summer is going to be spent cruising and enjoying the truck. :)

bsn1989

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been a while since the last update so here it goes.

Spent the summer cruising in it, abusing it and just enjoying it.

It gave me some trouble with the HEI as the ignition module failed, another 40 dollar distributor and back in business.

Its up on stands right now in the garage for the winter getting new front brakes(rotors, bearings, seals, calipers and pads. The whole deal)

Going to be giving it new spark plug wires and new header gaskets and maybe try my hand at some body work on the rear fenders and driver floor.