1988 GMC C1500 - Z06 Package!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Slight detour on this truck, but I did manage to get the 89 stripped this past Saturday. Now I have a frame to strip, sand blast and paint for the maroon 88.

"Another one bites the dust."

You must be registered for see images attach

Sold the cab and bed the next day.

Took about 4 hours to gut this truck. Even managed to get all eight bed bolts out, without breaking off, or spinning the captured nuts. I do know one bed bolt that took a bit of heat before breaking loose, was 1/2 the diameter under the bolt head, versus the threads.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pulled the headers out of the box, welded some Hedman ball and socket collectors on. Plan is to run a 3" dual exhaust with x-pipe.

First set of Schoenfeld headers I've had to massage a tube on. Pretty sure it's due to this truck being a first year and engine is more to the passenger side, stock.

I've noticed out of the hundreds of these trucks I've parted out, 88-89 seems to be further passenger offset on the engine, than a 90-98 truck. Almost to the tune of 3/8".

Next time consider sone nice V bands instead.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Finally ordered a media blasting cabinet, this thing is an absolute game changer compared to how I used to clean engine parts and detail them!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What was your old method? Mine remains krud kutter, a pressure washer, and some Napa aluminum brightener. Can't beat a media blaster that's for sure.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
What was your old method? Mine remains krud kutter, a pressure washer, and some Napa aluminum brightener. Can't beat a media blaster that's for sure.

Oven cleaner, pressure washer, then dawn dish soap and a scrubbing sponge to get rid of any remaining grease. Then VHT paint.