1988 & 89 two-tone interiors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gearhead1

Reaction score
I have seen two versions of this in junkyards lately, one being brown and tan while the other is dark grey and light gray. I'm pretty sure both of the trucks were Scottsdale (mid-level) trim. Were these two-tone dash and door panel truck interiors as uncommon as I think? Maroon or dark blue seem to be far, far more prevalent in those first model years of GMT400, then later the grey and light tan seem to become also common until the interior design change of 1995. What's the experience of some of you other junkyard pickers?

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine had an 89 that had a 2 tone blue interior and ill see if he had any pics before we revamped it

Also his is a silverado

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 88 Silverado came with 2 tone blue. I changed them a little when I dyed/painted it. Now it's SEM Shadow Blue (dark blue) and Pacific Blue (light blue).

You must be registered for see images attach

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would these older door cards fit on 97-98 doors or is the door construction totally different?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
95+ door cards will fit on ALL 88-94 and not interfere with the dash (88-94 will need an extension to the dome light pin switches in the dash), but the other way around will not work. Also, the inner door panels (with the wiring, lock/window motors, etc) are different between 88-94 and 95+ so you'd need to swap them too.

Last edited:

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 88 Silverado came with 2 tone blue. I changed them a little when I dyed/painted it. Now it's SEM Shadow Blue (dark blue) and Pacific Blue (light blue).

You must be registered for see images attach
How close of a match is the shadow blue to the factory dark blue?