15 inch wheels will they fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcman989

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok well here is the deal. I have searched high and low on numerous sites if a 15inch wheel will fit our trucks (I have a 97 Chevy 1500 Z71). I use to have a ZR2 with 33s on a 15 inch rim and totaled that truck. So I have a set of brand new 33 inch tires for a 15 inch rim. I would like to not sell these tires and put them on the Z71, but I will need a 15inch rim. I am ok with getting steelies as long as they don't rub on the brake caliper.

After looking around on here it looks like people do run 15's. So if you guys could point my in the right direction whether a 15 in rim will work and if so what size and back spacing. I was thinking a Cragar Soft 8 15x8 with 4 inches of backspacing.

Thank-you

skinmxz

Reaction score
Hey,Im running 15" rims on my truck,dont know the offset or backspacing and a buddy of mine has the same truck and he is also running 15s.

Sepiroth

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to work at a rim and tire shop. I remeber the owner had a 94 Z71 that he put the OOBS 4x4 wheels and BFGMud Terrains on. When he test fitted them, he found that the rim rubbed the brake caliper and brake caliper mounting point. Using a cut off wheel and a die grinder air tool, he was able to remove enough material for the wheels to work without any clearance issues.

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
I ran 15x8 factory Ralley wheels on my 99 Sub. I had to grind the one corner on the front calipers a touch. Looked awsome and never had a problem

rcman989

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So from what i am seeing they most likely will fit, but just might need a little grinding to fit properly

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you run with the right backspace they will fit fine. I ran 15x10 and I didnt have to do any modifications. I believe they had 4.5 or so backspacing

rcman989

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you run with the right backspace they will fit fine. I ran 15x10 and I didnt have to do any modifications. I believe they had 4.5 or so backspacing

So I am thinking a 15x8 with 4 in backspacing will be fine. Anyone out there running that currently and would let me know.

Thanks for all the help