14 bolt 3/4 6 lug rear end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I went to the junkyard today and happened across a 14 bolt 3/4 6 lug rear end :leghump: and walked up front and asked how much for it. He told me $275 and thats them taking it out for me.

First question: is that a decent price?

2. Can't remember if it was 2wd or 4wd does that change anything(mine being 4wd)? I doubt it but makin sure.

3. Anything I should be lookin at to make sure its worth my time getting it?

Thanks Guys!

bluedxj

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think that price is kinda high but then again your also paying for thier labor. id definatly pull the cover and inspect the gears before anything. most of the semi floating 14 bolts ive looked at in junk yards had blown gears.

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
That's about what I paid for mine. I found the easiest way to ask them if it was from a 4wd or 2wd was just to ask if it was a C or K (as in K2500). Most junkyards and people in the offices can figure that out easier as silly as it sounds. You can check the RPO codes in the glovebox to see what gears it had and if it has the G80 locker. You will want it to be the same gears as what your front end has since you have a 4wd.

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the price is good, unless it's a 50% off weekend at the local pick-n-pull (you doing the labor) rearends are $250 here, I only buy big ticket stuff like that on the 1/2 price sales...

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
The 11 inch drum does fit inside a 15 inch steel wheel, that's what I have. There was also a 10 inch, that was on 2wd I think. It should easily fit.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Offer them $100 and you'll pull the axle. Price is too high. I've pulled tons of axles and i've never paid more than $150 for a rear axle and those are usually newer full float axles.

Get yourself a battery powered grinder (I think mine is a cheapo ryobi from Home depot) and a bunch of cut off wheels. remove the driveshaft and shocks. with the cut off wheel, cut the brakes, park brake and u-bolts. I bring a garden wagon and just lay the axle in the wagon and pull it to my truck.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Same by me. Any 1/2 ton axle is $75 (complete including brakes) and anything above and including 3/4 tom is $90.