10in mids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JaydenMad

Reaction score
I bought some 10in mids and was wondering what the best place would be to mount them, right now I have subs under the rear seat and just put new 6.5s in the door

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought some 10in mids and was wondering what the best place would be to mount them, right now I have subs under the rear seat and just put new 6.5s in the door
You are going to have to provide a weeee bit more information about WHAT vehicle you are trying to stuff those in.

I assume it's a gmt 400 of some sort. And I assume that you have a decent level of fabrication skills, because there is no way in hell those are bolting in to any vehicle made by GM. Or pretty much any manufacturer that I know of.
That will require a ton of fab work to install them. The biggest I remember seeing, and I was HUGE into car audio back in the day, was 8" in the doors at the bottom, where the map pockets were.

JaydenMad

Reaction score
You are going to have to provide a weeee bit more information about WHAT vehicle you are trying to stuff those in.

I assume it's a gmt 400 of some sort. And I assume that you have a decent level of fabrication skills, because there is no way in hell those are bolting in to any vehicle made by GM. Or pretty much any manufacturer that I know of.
That will require a ton of fab work to install them. The biggest I remember seeing, and I was HUGE into car audio back in the day, was 8" in the doors at the bottom, where the map pockets were.
It’s a 95 Silverado extended cab

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s a 95 Silverado extended cab
Alright...now we have something to go by! Lol

You really only have 2 choices (that I know of).
The lower section of the doors, or in the floorboards where it angles up towards the firewall.

The "easiest" would be the doors. Do some google image searching about door speaker pods, that would give you a starting point.
There are YouTube vids about building your own. Hopefully you have some woodworking skills, fiberglass and bondo skills. If not, don't be intimidated, we all start somewhere. And there is a lot of information available now than when I started years ago.

The floorboards are definitely the hardest, I've only seen it done a handful of times, mostly in show cars and SQ vehicles for completions. It would involve a lot of metal work, and maybe relocation of parts like exhaust system.

If you have the skills great, if not, you will need a sizable budget to pay a stereo shop to do it for you.

But make no mistake about this, it will not be easy! A 10" driver is large, it's going to need the appropriate air space behind it. Either way, make sure you check back in with pics and more questions, as this will be awesome if you can get it pulled off!!!