1" or 1.5" body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I'm thinking of making my own 1 or 1.5 inch body lift, if I only go that high can I avoid having to do anything to the shift linkage and gas filler tube and fan shroud? I want a little extra lift beyond what I got out of my torsion bars but don't want the goofy look of a big body lift

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
What year truck? There's no way to get around the fan shroud. Filler tube maybe. Shift linkage depends on year. It's going to end up looking works than just a normal 2 inch body lift because the bumpers won't line up.

Reaction score
ya thats true, its a 88' maybe it would be to much work for only a minor gain anyhow. just go big or forget it!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Body lifts can look good if done correctly.
You must be registered for see images attach

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1.5" body lift with the front bumper lifted up, rear at stock height, lower fan shroud cut, lots of adjustment for shifting linkage and no need to extend the filler tube.

On my old 98 I had a 2" performance accessory body lift on it, a little cleaner then the full 3"

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
That's a sweet lookin truck!
Thanks man
That looks nice! Thats 3"?

Sent from my 5.7 Vortec powered iPhone 5S using Tapatalk.
Yup

Imo of your going to BL you mise well go 3". No reason not to vs. A 2" unless you have a garage restriction etc. You are making the same sacrifices either way and the 3 just plain looks better.