1/2 ton to 3/4 ton Brake Calipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've read the threads on upgrades. It seems like I can add 3/4 ton calipers and keep the 1/2 ton rotors and pads WITHOUT upgrading to hydroboost or adding a NBS master cylinder. Is this true? I will also be keeping my stock drum setup in the rear.

-What is the truck that the upgraded calipers come from a C2500 or K2500?
-will my front stock rubber brake lines be okay with a stainless rear brake line? I'm trying to make sure the front brake lines won't be a weak link.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
from what i've read, if you use the larger 2500 calipers, the volume difference in the bore of the cylinders will cause the brake pedal to travel lower to the floor since the master cylinder is now moving more fluid. Some have said they just continue to use the 1500 MC. I'm gonna do the NBS MS swap when i do the upgrade.

Reaction score
A guy on another forum did only the NBS master cylinder. Said it made a huge difference.

THEN

he added OBS 2500 calipers (aka 8600lbs) and that made his brake pedal return to the same way before the MC swap.

Idk want to think I'm watching the OBS to NBS front spindle/ knuckle swap thread closely

Ehlers Alice

Reaction score
I have F250 flat top knuckles on a d44 and I thought I'd see if the 3/4 ton brakes would work with my 1/2 ton rotor. This would be so I could use up the tires on the wheels that I already had on my CJ. I just bolted it up and the 16" wheels don't rub anywhere.