0411 Swap 1997 (HPTuners or EFI Live)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EvanC270

Reaction score
I know this is probably a common question, but I was under the impression that with BlackBearPerformance's 599$ EFI package I would've been able to make my own tunes. Further research let me know I need their 899$ package to do that. So is HPTuners a decent one to go with? I had a base tune from one of the tutorials to flash onto the 0411 PCM after the swap but the HPT program won't open it which already leads me to believe I'm not gonna like it.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heard good things about both. Coming from the LS world I know more guys who tune their own stuff on HPTUNERS though. Not sure if it's a little more user friendly for beginning tuners or if it's just a personal preference thing.

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Based on the amount of support videos and forums I was able to find in my research, I'll be going with HP Tuners for my ls swap. It definitely seems a little more beginner friendly