04 Suburban 2500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drove to PA this morning to pick up a Ranch Hand rear bumper for the truck. Might get it powdercoated as it's a little rusty.
You must be registered for see images attach

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the axle in the garage. Stripped it, and now I am in the process of wire wheeling it.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the axle painted, just need to let it dry, and rotate it a little to get paint where i couldn't reach. I did not paint the diff cover because I am going to get an aftermarket one.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Motor is in! However the brackets need some work, as one of the holes on the drivers side doesn't line up, and the motor is tilted slightly on one side. They are aftermarket from Atomic Fab. Also put the HD trailer hitch on.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Made some good progress today. Put an ebay oem used radiator in, as the oem new radiators for 8.1 are extremely difficult to find. Core support in, oil cooler lines attached. Took the power steering cooler from the 6.0 core support which suprisingly the parts truck never had.

Bumper on. These things are too heavy to lift, so I improvised and used a soft shackle and my engine hoist to get it into place.

And lastly, another door for the passenger side rear. The original one was actually slightly bent at the top, and didnt sit 100% flush with the top corner. It also had a very loose latch, and the handle was difficult to open. The new one is better, but not cosmetic wise....high winds pushed it over a few weeks ago when it was laying up against the truck, so it's going to need body work, and paint.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also forgot to mention, that bumper i picked up does not fit. I thought 07-15 mounted similar to a GMT800, but in fact they don't. The 07-10 i beleive are similar. So either sell it, and get a new 07-10 ranch hand, or have a fabricator make new brackets for me.
They do make one that is for 00-06, but I don't like the way it looks.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went to the yard yesterday. Found the best non rotted fenders and hood I could find. And a nice front grill, just in case i want to use it as I am going with a different headlight set up that has the headights and turning signal/corner markers in one whole casing.