02 brush guard on my 92

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not sure if this is the right place for this but anyway

i have been on craigslist and been looking at brush guards and such and ive always like the look of them on the gmt400 trucks. so i figured why not get one and see, as i gave my best friend my winch bumper and want something up there. i was wondering if a full brush guard from an 02 silverado will fit on my 92 k1500 with out having to make new brackets or take my skid plate off. my grandfather has one off of his silverado and im sure i could get it for nothing or next to it. any advice would be helpful guys. i have seen an 03-07c guard on a gmt400 so i figured itd be the same.

no pics of said guard as i still have to talk to my grandparents about it. its a chrome (would be changed) brush guard, looked good on his truck (stock 2wd 2002). thanks again guys.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
imma try it if i can get my hands on the guard this week. just wondering if anybody has done it. and if anybody has pics of it done also

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
not sure how it would look because they are shaped to conform to the front of the truck, and im sure youd have to mod the brackets in order to mount it

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I had a grill guard from an 02 on my 96

Sent from the big block!

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@96k1500
imma look into it more this week sometime. i also have a set of brackets that came off my truck when i got it that look like they are for a brush guard or something so i might have to use those. with those though i cant use the factory skid plate.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
The install for the one I had was easy... It bolted to the top of the bumper in two spots, then the bottom I had to fab a couple brackets to go from the guard to the frame. I can't tell you if the stock brackets will work since I had gotten my guard off another member on here for free since he thought I wasn't going to fit. The 99-02 trucks have a pretty similar shape on the front end 03 is when things would get hairy IMO

You must be registered for see images attach

These are the best pics I have of it though, now I will say I didn't actually see this guard on an 02 the guy I had got it from got it from his uncle who owns a wrecker business and took it off a wrecked truck a few years back. So it had.been sitting in storage but was marked for an 02.

Sent from the big block!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Here's a pic of an 02 with a ranch hand grill guard that I also built brackets for, I think the one I had on my truck was a trail boss or something like that

Sent from the big block!

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The install for the one I had was easy... It bolted to the top of the bumper in two spots, then the bottom I had to fab a couple brackets to go from the guard to the frame. I can't tell you if the stock brackets will work since I had gotten my guard off another member on here for free since he thought I wasn't going to fit. The 99-02 trucks have a pretty similar shape on the front end 03 is when things would get hairy IMO

These are the best pics I have of it though, now I will say I didn't actually see this guard on an 02 the guy I had got it from got it from his uncle who owns a wrecker business and took it off a wrecked truck a few years back. So it had.been sitting in storage but was marked for an 02.

Sent from the big block!

thanks man. the one i think my grandfather has is a gorhino with the step in the middle. i like the way it looks though. it shouldnt be too much of a problem if i can get it.