‘93 4.3 oil adapter leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jfavorito

Reaction score
I believe my oil adapter is leaking on my 1993 k1500 4.3 v6. I am not able to find the correct adapter. Every place I have looked says “not for 4 wheel drive requiring angle adapter for oil cooler” any one know the correct part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jfavorito

Reaction score
I figured if I’m taking it off, might as well replace it. I also want to replace the oil cooler lines. Not sure where the leak is coming from.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I figured if I’m taking it off, might as well replace it. I also want to replace the oil cooler lines. Not sure where the leak is coming from.

Replacing the adapter would be a strange thing to do. It's not a wear part. Just replace the gasket. If it's like the adapter on the 454 it's just a big o-ring that can be gotten from the dealer. The small block adapter uses a paper gasket too.... not sure if that's available from the dealer. I think guys often by a Felpro kit.

The lines often leak... don't buy Dorman as they'll leak in a year or two. I removed mine completely after getting tired of leaking lines. I've considered buying Sunsong lines as they're supposed to be steel like the originals, instead of the aluminum that Dorman uses. AC Delco are available too, at least for my truck, but they're a lot more expensive.

You may have quick connects on the lines... probably ought to replace those, too.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score

Unless the adapter is damaged there is no reason to replace it. I have replaced the gaskets and lines on my '88 k3500 and '90 k1500 many times over the years. paper and rubber break down over time. The aluminum adapter will last you a life time.

bowtie-72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unless the adapter is damaged there is no reason to replace it. I have replaced the gaskets and lines on my '88 k3500 and '90 k1500 many times over the years. paper and rubber break down over time. The aluminum adapter will last you a life time.
Make sure you go to the dealer to get the gasket kit. GM upgraded the replacement to a heavier o-ring. The aftermarket ones are “oem spec” like the substandard original.

Jfavorito

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I’ll let you know how it all goes

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Make sure you go to the dealer to get the gasket kit. GM upgraded the replacement to a heavier o-ring. The aftermarket ones are “oem spec” like the substandard original.
Not necessarily. Mine had a hairline fracture and was weeping oil out of it. Procured another one for something like $5 at the treasure yard, cleaned it thoroughly inside and out and been good since.