Steering Knuckle Bad??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CruiseLifeB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So finally beat the wheel hub, got it off both steering knuckles from the hell of a neighbor. Only to realize there’s potential damage to the driver side is does a dent/impact of this size affect the strength of the knuckle?
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, not trying to be a pia, but you do have multiple threads going on currently. All in direct relationship to your front end. @Schurkey just pointed this out.
Why are you starting another thread on the same topic, asking exactly the same question?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe go to boneyard and find replacement parts. Are both damaged parts from same side?

CruiseLifeB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I’m supposed to just put everything regarding the front end/suspension or brakes etc. In one thread under that category? For example my brakes thread wether I’m asking about my front calipers or rear drums I’m supposed to put them in the same thread?
Again, not trying to be a pia, but you do have multiple threads going on currently. All in direct relationship to your front end. @Schurkey just pointed this out.
Why are you starting another thread on the same topic, asking exactly the same question?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you know why or how happened to be damaged? Did you use a torch on it?
" Anything front end " Your drums would be the rear problem right?
RFTS

CruiseLifeB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you know why or how happened to be damaged? Did you use a torch on it?
" Anything front end " Your drums would be the rear problem right?
RFTS
I have no clue where the damage is from seller did not tell me much, He claimed everything was good.
what I said about the brakes was an example. I was asking @Caman96 trying to clarify how I’m supposed to use threads. He said I have multiple threads asking the same thing. In my head if I’m asking about control arms, shocks or tie rod ends (for example) are a different topic so I would ask them in a different thread but I guess because it’s all suspension related I’m supposed to ask them in the same thread?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So finally beat the wheel hub, got it off both steering knuckles from the hell of a neighbor. Only to realize there’s potential damage to the driver side is does a dent/impact of this size affect the strength of the knuckle?
img_5834-jpeg.373177
Yup, your steering knuckle is battered. I'm not sure what would have caused that. First thought was a moron with a "pickle fork" for separating the ball joint stud, but typically that scars the top of the stud area, not below on the side. Maybe the guy didn't aim the pickle fork blades appropriately, and nailed the steering knuckle before he got them wedged between the knuckle and the control arm.

If everything else on that knuckle checks-out, I'd consider smoothing the sharp edges with a rotary file and die grinder, and using that part.

OTOH, you could probably get a replacement from the Treasure Yard fairly easily.