Question about my trans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
For some reason every time that I drive on the freeway for about 15 miles or more, my transmission shifts hard from first to second when I get off the interstate. The trans was serviced and I made sure the fluid was good but it still does it. Im just curious as to what it may be. Thanks

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that's a 4L60E common problem.... sounds more like an electrical issue to me as long as it's only a harsh 1st-2nd shift.

My truck had a really bad 1st-2nd harsh shift that chirped the rear wheels with very little speed or effort. I changed my TCS switch and dumped 1/2 bottle of Lucas Tranny juice in her and it's much better. Figured I'd just drive her until she slips or start missing a gear before tearing it down.

If the shift is delayed & harsh I'd test or try swapping the TCS or TPS switch .
Also could be a cracked, cocked or stuck accumulator bore piston in the bore which I've heard is a drop pan fix.