Any solutions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave’s92

Reaction score
Got the motor mount in can’t get this front side to line up to put the bolt in I got the other bolt though but this one is giving me hell I’ve tried everything it just shifts the wrong way
You must be registered for see images attach

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you loosen all of the other bolts associated with the mount, quite a bit? Then put the stubborn on in and tighten it all down after?

Sounds simple, but that is what I would try first...

Edit: Oh, you mean the control arm bolt?

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I did this I put the control arm in with hardware loose then put the spring in. It was much easier that way.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Although if you can't get it aligned and installed. It may come down to loosening a ball joint stud. ( Lower preferred ) Using the jack to relieve spring tension on "A" arm. Then lower slowly to bring A arm into alignment, insert bolt, snug down. Reverse procedures.
Torque ball stud. Torque lower A arm after returning to normal position, weight on tire, off jacks.
That's how it would go for me, it seems every thing is small battle to be fought for a win. Good luck!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Guess: You are nowhere near angry enough.

Get up a good head of steam, then jack it up, cram it over with a pry-bar. Shove a tapered punch in the bolt hole for fine adjustment. Poke the bolt in.

Don't torque the fasteners until the suspension is at proper ride-height.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did the spring move out of its pocket?
Hard to tell from that pic but if that spring is not squared up it will fight you because it is pushing on the edge of the spring pocket.
Sometimes the spring hangs on the rust and grit and dirt or a burr enough that it wont seat back down on its own.
Ive never done coil springs on a gmt400.
But I have done a lot of german cars and a few old fords.
Everytime I had that problem it was because the spring rotated when I released the tension from it and the spring rotated out of the pocket.
Which is what springs will do.
I think you are fighting an unseated spring that is kicking out sideways instead of seating.
Just be carefull.
Coil springs can kill you.