3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been through this myself about 87 times. On the Tahoe what finally made the brake pedal firm was about 3 panic stops form 35ish MPH. On the project truck, we just bled and bled and bled. It was finally ok after weeks of that until the axle swap and then back to square one again. I don't think ABS works on that truck because of the new PCM. I'm probably going to ditch the ABS to be honest.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I've been through this myself about 87 times. On the Tahoe what finally made the brake pedal firm was about 3 panic stops form 35ish MPH. On the project truck, we just bled and bled and bled. It was finally ok after weeks of that until the axle swap and then back to square one again. I don't think ABS works on that truck because of the new PCM. I'm probably going to ditch the ABS to be honest.
When I replaced the front calipers and brake hoses on my Burb in 2018, I used a power bleeder from hf, recommended by a mechanic friend who works solo. It got all the air out, but when Mom drove it out of the driveway,it took her a few stops before she liked the pedal feel. Since then it's been great, and that was in 2018(so lots of miles on it). With Rawhide's brakes, periodically we make a quick stop and the ABS cycles. As long as the master cylinder has fluid in it, that truck stops well for its size and weight. Having good tires on the front doesn't hurt either!