Hello Everyone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KevinL1987

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm also registered on Fullsizechevy.com.

Just figured I'd register over here too.

Below is some info on my build over at Fullsizechevy.com
Build thread is : http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums...0-92-s10-blazer-4-3l-v6-4x4-700r4-tranny.html

1992 Chevrolet S10 Blazer 4x4 :4.3L 262CI V6 FI VIN: Z
LINK TO BUILD PICTURES!!!!

Plans for this ride
Interior:
  1. Put in new black carpet
  2. Paint interior pieces in black and red, (Kick panels, dash, console, pillars, etc)
  3. Custom seats, Black and Red with bowtie in the upper section of back rest.
  4. Install overhead console, and auto-dimming, comp/temp rear view mirror

Mechanical:
  1. Install e-fans.
  2. Do away with the AC-Comp (Won't unblot it, just get a different belt. AC doesn't work anyway, but might want to fix it later on.)
  3. Ultimate TBI mods.

To be continued....

I'm going to do a complete rebuild of this vehicle. It was my first vehicle and I would love to keep it. It has nearly 350k miles, and was used to tow alot. The interior is in decent shape for something with that many miles, and abuse.

I will be ripping the interior out, and replacing it with black carpet instead of the blue, I will be getting new seats as well. I'm going to need some items such as dash, middle console, etc. So if any of you folks out there have any extra laying around that you'd like to sale, please let me know.

I haven't yet started on the rebuild of the engine. First thing that had to be done was the Transmission needed to be rebuilt. I've replaced the tranny twice using transmissions from the local junkyard. I kept my original tranny and decided to dig it out of the garage and rebuild the sucker.

I want your alls opinion on the rebuild of the engine. I want power without breaking the bank. I like Chevyman's build.

Just post your opinions such as cam, crank, pistons/rings, valves, etc. I won't be boring it over any as of right now. I will post and update you guys if I do decide to do so.

Thanks in advance.
You must be registered for see images attach

* For some reason, I just think this is a very nice picture.. Should I set it as my avatar?

* Odometer is reading 197747, but this was a new cluster installed in '02 when my old cluster died. Old custer was reading 152,*** miles.

* Current cd player that I aqquired through a trade, Its the vr3 from walmart. Does the job for now! The blue part of the dash will be painted black, while the gray parts will be painted red, along with the cluster.

* Engine bay will be cleaned up when I take out the engine to rebuild. The engine bay will also be painted in the red/black theme, along with the engine it self. I still have about 50k miles left in this engine if not more, so I will be touching it up with some rattle can paint for now.

* Picture of the blazer back in the March/April of '09. Was taken at my girlfriends' brother's house way before me and my girlfriend got back together.

Last edited:

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah everyone here i have talked to seems alot more friendly than the people on fsc. seems like if you havnt learned somthing yet and have a question they call you an idiot on fsc. but thats just my opinion.

KevinL1987

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's pretty much how it is. Every thread turns into an argument about which is better if someone is asking for opinions and thoughts on something..

I mean, They are just asking for opinions, not an argument.

KevinL1987

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick warm welcomes. I think this site fits me better, because it is dedicated to my year range!!

I will post more often here, than I will at FSC.