Black Coffee's 98' RCSB 4wd build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would go for a 14 bolt SF but truth is I CANNOT find one locally and if I do its $400-800 and the junkyards NEVER have them. The width of the full floaters is to large aren't they, and aren't they 8 lug? A good friend of my dads that is a mechanic reccomended I just do a dana 60 as for simplicity and strength and claimed he could put it in my truck rather simply and they are very easy to find down where I'm at and supposivly come in 6 lugs?

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would go for a 14 bolt SF but truth is I CANNOT find one locally and if I do its $400-800 and the junkyards NEVER have them. The width of the full floaters is to large aren't they, and aren't they 8 lug? A good friend of my dads that is a mechanic reccomended I just do a dana 60 as for simplicity and strength and claimed he could put it in my truck rather simply and they are very easy to find down where I'm at and supposivly come in 6 lugs?

14FF are not too large. Measure it before depending if its from a 2wd or 4wd. Yes, the 14FF is 8 lug, thats why everyone is telling you to get the 14SF. Dana 60's are gonna be 8-lug too and weaker than a 14FF. I would just hold out for a 14SF if your 10-bolt is still working fine. Its not critical to upgrade right away, especially since you still have small tires.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So heres an update. Two tone on the bottom in shiny black will be applied Monday at my buddys auto shop place. I got a new job at an audio shop close to my house so I'll eventually start getting some income for my truck project and definetly some nice audio equipment ha. Currently the plan for the truck is to just tie up loose ends and then save up for a 6" RCX lift / 14 bolt FF / 4.10 gears / wide 33" tires and some 16x10" wide cragar soft 8 style wheels or some 35x12.50 tires and some 16x8" cragar soft 8 / and all the other loose ends that go along with a lift. I guess my question is now, with an 8 lug rear end what do I do as far as like a lug nut adapter or conversion?

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hummm I guess 88-98 GM 6 lug 3/4 ton van's had 14 bolt SF 9.5" pinion 68" axles? Can some one verify this?!

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think my Hids will be here soon =D! Yayy to being able to see, these junkyard lights are getting pretty bad ha.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DDM tuning came through and sent me my 35 watt 8000K slim ballast hids. Put them in this afternoon. All seems good for now, need to wait a couple hours and see how they look compared to my old 55 watts. Decided to hold off on the wiring harness. I'll do it when I have more time.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bumper I'm gonna make up soon here, trying to be very similar to the KMA rear multicarrier bumper. Not the same but similar. Dimensions are very close but not exact.
6" x 6" x 3/16" square tube and the ends are capped with 1/4" steel.
You must be registered for see images

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No updates really so far, started a new job at a car audio / custom designs shop. I'm able to everything at cost now for electronics pretty much which is exciting. Gonna go all JL audio component speakers in the next couple weeks here and this coming week I'm gonna make up a custom center console with a up or down firing 12" W6. I got the headache rack off and my 8000K Hids are still going strong that I installed a couple weeks ago. Probably gonna buy that black slim tool box this weekend cause I'm carrying around a lot of tools lately, and I want to mount a battery and my compressor and tank in the tool box cause there just sitting in the garage right now and I'd rather be using them.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ordered up my black low profile extra deep tool box from tractor supply today. Not sure when they'll get it in but we'll see. Dropped my truck off at a friends tonight to have the bottom painted black and to have the rear window put in again correctly this time.

ForeverFalcon40

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks awesome, start tinting your lights! Member here does sick nasty work for cheap. Say paint the FF black...like the look of the two tone per say.

Grey with the black accents

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
79garage