95 350tbi won’t run right!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Noah1167

Reaction score
Alright let’s see how this goes. Got the truck. Didn’t run well. Figured out that everything was pretty shot and needed to be replaced. Replaced every single sensor for engine performance. Rebuilt the throttle body ( brand new injectors ). Cleaned fuel lines and fuel tank. Changed spark plugs, distributor, and plug wires. Did a compression check and a leak down test. Both passed. Still will not idle correctly and runs super super rich. Any suggestions? Been battling this for over 3 months.

NorthState

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I assume the Throttle Position Sensor is in the correct position. Can’t they be adjusted? Could it possibly be out of calibration and be lying to the ECM? Just a thought.

Hoosierlong90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure tps (blue wire on mine) reads between .5 and .59 with voltmeter and 4.5 volts at WOT with no dead spots while ignition is turned on but not started IIRC. It could be bad or out of that range like mentioned. There are writeups on how to check it on here, just search. If that checks out look into the IAC and follow steps to reset it. May need replacing.

Get a scan tool on it.
TunerPro is simple to navigate and check what's going on with it. Plenty of write ups on how to use.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. What is the fuel pressure under load?

2. As said--connect a scan tool, verify EVERY sensor and computer output. Does the electronic spark advance work? Is the knock sensor going crazy? Is the EGR functioning as designed?

3. HOW do you know it's "super super rich"? What are the short- and long-term fuel trims, and O2 sensor readings?

4. Did you install the correct injectors? Are there fuel leaks at the injectors, the injector pods, etc?

Noah1167

Reaction score
Alright let’s see how this goes. Got the truck. Didn’t run well. Figured out that everything was pretty shot and needed to be replaced. Replaced every single sensor for engine performance. Rebuilt the throttle body ( brand new injectors ). Cleaned fuel lines and fuel tank. Changed spark plugs, distributor, and plug wires. Did a compression check and a leak down test. Both passed. Still will not idle correctly and runs super super rich. Any suggestions? Been battling this for over 3 months.
Alright thank you guys for your responses. I did end up connecting a scan tool and found out that i wasnt getting readings for the tps and for the coolant temp switch at the front of the intake manifold. Did some extensive wiring and replaced every ground. Fixed the issue and ran correctly.