1997 Silverado prerunner build "The Black Nasty"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3linkedchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well decided to FINALLY plumb the oil cooler (which is actually the factory trans cooler), went and picked up 10ft of -8AN hose and fittings. To take out the old lines and run all the new lines (including boiling water to slide the hose on the fittings), took maybe an hour and half total.

You must be registered for see images attach

And ended up with no leaks, so I am a happy camper!

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
ooooh how much did that cost you? got any part numbers id like to utilze the one on my radiator if i can. i was thinking of going stainless braided and having my friend do them but if you dont have leaks then better yet.

3linkedchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ooooh how much did that cost you? got any part numbers id like to utilze the one on my radiator if i can. i was thinking of going stainless braided and having my friend do them but if you dont have leaks then better yet.

I can get you the part #s tomorrow sometime. The receipt is in my truck and don't feel like going to get it right now (in bed). If your friend can hook you up on hose and fittings, might save you some money. It ran me about $150 for the 8 fittings, 10ft of hose and 4 hose clamps. Supposedly the hoses won't blow off with the push-loc fittings, but hose clamps are cheap insurance in my eyes.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
mine too, i never liked that push lock design, see if you can get me some part numbers. i have the factor oil filter housing with the two plugs in it for oil cooler as well as my radiator.

3linkedchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For sure, if the part #s don't work (since part #s always vary from vendor to vendor) I will let you know what size and everything I used.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Well decided to FINALLY plumb the oil cooler (which is actually the factory trans cooler), went and picked up 10ft of -8AN hose and fittings. To take out the old lines and run all the new lines (including boiling water to slide the hose on the fittings), took maybe an hour and half total.

And ended up with no leaks, so I am a happy camper!

Nice setup! Looks like you have a remote oil filter as well!

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone

3linkedchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup, remote filter got put in when the front end got done. Wasn't sure where the new lower arm crossmember was going to end up. It is mounted down in the frame rail under floor board

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Yup, remote filter got put in when the front end got done. Wasn't sure where the new lower arm crossmember was going to end up. It is mounted down in the frame rail under floor board

Nice. Def considering something similar when i do my engine swap in my K3500...had the thought of mounting it along the frame rail near the fuel filter. That way its still accessible by a tech when it goes in for oil changes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
79garage