1995 Chevy Dually 454 Missing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KeithJ

Reaction score
My 17 year old son's 454 in his dually is missing.We've replaced the spark plugs, wires, distributor cap,rotor, ignition module, pickup coil, checked the coil with other known good coils and it when it misses it shuts the injectors off. The injectors are spraying fine, one is new. Fuel pressure is good. But when it misses it shuts off the injectors. My son and I are a little frustrated. Any Ideas. If has the 454 with the 4L80E Transmission. Keith

KeithJ

Reaction score
We tried a new Computer and that didnt work. We also put a new TPS on it. Any ideas anybody? Keith

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On a tbi the injector pulse timing is determined by the ignition module. The duration of the pulse is determined by the ECM. Considering what you have done, I would start doing a tap and wiggle test of both the distributor and the ECM harness.

KeithJ

Reaction score
I talked to a old friend of mine who is a mechanic and told me that the coil on the shaft are magnetized and over the years and with heat lose that. We are going to try a whole new distributor since my son works at O'Reilly's and gets employee pricing. I'll install it tomorrow. Thanks for the help. I did the wiggle test and nothing was found. Thanks Keith