XJ Steering Shaft Upgrade (88-94 Trucks) 95+instructions on page 31

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On another thread it was mentioned that Borgeson makes a sleeve to extend the shaft after tossing the top u-joint on the jeep shaft. You then bolt it to the ~96+ steering column and youre back to 2 u-joints.

Sneakywheel

Reaction score
If anyone needs a shaft pm me, I bought one out of a 90 Jeep Cherokee and it wont work for my truck.

iggyspred

Reaction score
I picked up a steering shaft this morning only to realize I have a tilt wheel and it wont fit. Message me if you want it. $30 shipped.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked up a steering shaft this morning only to realize I have a tilt wheel and it wont fit. Message me if you want it. $30 shipped.

Yeah, I'm curious to why the tilt column has anything to do with this. Now, if you have a 95+ truck you may have a u-joint just inside the cab, but that has nothing to do with tilt.

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a tilt column also.

Sent from my 350 Vortec TBI powered tablet.

iggyspred

Reaction score
Huh...OK I have an early 96 with the joint inside the firewall. Thought the tilt wheel was the reason for that. I've looked around and haven't found a satisfactory/affordable answer to the problem, any suggestions?

BigCE

Reaction score
Anybody run into any clearance issues with installing this in a big block truck with headers? I have a 454 SS with hooker headers and my stock shaft is very close to one of the primary tubes.