WTF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockmax77

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for all the suggestions

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Take the belt off, grab the power steering pump pulley with your hand and try moving it out.... if it is broken, it will come right out. This is a common issue, when I got my truck the shaft was broken in the pump.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just unplug it at the column

It is, still does it.

Only time I ever had that scenario was when the wires going to the pump had bare insulation and shorted together. But I've only owned a couple GMT400's new enough to have EVO...

Anyway, if anybody cares to go back and read the OP's post I think you might reconsider wanting to blame this on the EVO. The pump is most likely dead.

Richard

I did read it an I was saying the evo was something free to check that could be the culprit before changing the pump. Never hurts to try something.... :deal:

rockmax77

Reaction score
PS shaft broke in half, new pump, and hoses and back good as new, thanks for the help

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
well you fixed it befor I could chim in, same thing happened on the wifes AWD Astro when I forced it to power slide in the snow, lol, and it is darn hard to power slide an AWD!!!!