WTB: 2wd Reg cab, long box GMT400 with NV4500 trans.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Doesn't have to run and can be in horrible shape. I really only need the trans, driveshaft and the hardware to make it work in our '88 C3500. Guess I'd prefer 92-95 as those had the external slave cylinder but wouldn't mind the later versions either. Beggars can't be choosers, right?

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Unless that's a fact I want a parts truck that's identical to mine. There's a C3500 dump truck for sale but I can tell the frame is longer, so no way that driveshaft is going to work..

Sent from mah phonic while eating biscuits & mustard with French-fried taters mm-hmm.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Your original driveshaft should fit fine, unless you're missing it. Even if you don't have one and the truck you get parts from is different, it's not much to have a custom one made, I've had it done a few times.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I've got another thread started under transmissions and based on the dimensions my current driveshaft will be ~1.25" too long. Having it shortened has the 300-500 dollar ring tone to it. Might as well buy a new or rebuilt trans too. Now my drivetrain is worth more than the whole truck...

Sent from mah phonic while eating biscuits & mustard with French-fried taters mm-hmm.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Just found the thread that said they are interchangeable, you made it. The swap was done on a 4wd and they were the same so I guess can't say the same for 2wd

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Driveshafts shouldn't cost that much to shorten, maybe you should explore other places. My last one was 170

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Seems a little pricey and nice for a parts truck imo but if you want the full setup then sure