wt grille lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
okay guys my buddy has a 98 k3500 with the w/t grille and he refuses to switch to the composite lights/grille, what aftermarket lights can be put in place with the w/t grill so he can actually see the road, these sealed beams are terrible.

You must be registered for see images

he had the flares and grille painted dark metallic grey from the light grey it was when he got it which is one of his reasons not to switch to composite, the dark grey on the bed was to cover the red that was on it, he had to paint over the red as part of the deal from the business he bought the truck from.

You must be registered for see images

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I know LMC truck sells an H4 retrofit housing for the W/T trucks. I believe Putco also makes an H4 retrofit kit. To get best lighting performance though look for a H4 retrofit lens with a glare shield so he can run an H4 HID set up. Im not sure on the LMC truck kit but i know the putco ones do have the sheild. Otherwise look on ebay for H4 retrofit lens for 6054 headlight applications. Or to narrow the search search for H4 lens for 1982 to 1994 S10.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I have a set of the h4 conversion lights on my sonoma, i got them off ebay for a reasonable price and they came with glare caps

kdhs10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put some Sylvania Silverstars in mine, nice and bright now and I think I only spent like $40.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
I had the Sylvania Silverstars in mine and they put out a lot of light. The hardest part is aligning the W/T lights. I got everything I needed for the swap for $40, and I was one of the best things I ever did to my truck.

TheBigMortboski

World's Tallest Midget
Reaction score
I think I've seen them somewhere with gunmetal gray housings, too. I could be lying, though.

rightisray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know LMC truck sells an H4 retrofit housing for the W/T trucks. I believe Putco also makes an H4 retrofit kit. To get best lighting performance though look for a H4 retrofit lens with a glare shield so he can run an H4 HID set up. Im not sure on the LMC truck kit but i know the putco ones do have the sheild. Otherwise look on ebay for H4 retrofit lens for 6054 headlight applications. Or to narrow the search search for H4 lens for 1982 to 1994 S10.

Just had a look at my LMC catalog and the ones they sell do have the glare shield.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a set of the h4 conversion lights on my sonoma, i got them off ebay for a reasonable price and they came with glare caps
like danny said on ebay i bought a set off there for my plow lights so i could install hids in the plow lights

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have 2 of my truck's with the converted clear glass lense headlight's with the H4 conversion, there is such an amazing difference!