Wrong LCA?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
So, I just received the new LMC magazine in the mail. So as always I thumbed through the pages to see what outrageous prices I could find. That is when I noticed something in the front suspension section. It shows there being two different LCA's for the 4X4 Tahoes. One is a stamped metal that is bulky and for 2 door models and one looks more forged and more tubular, which is for the 4 doors. My stupid ass Tahoe has the stramped version. I am wondering WTF and if someone really messed up. My hoe has always seemed to have sloppy suspension compared to others I have driven and am wondering if this is the source of it.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stamped vs cast arms.

Both were available and would have no noticeable affect on ride quality.

You usually only see the cast arms on 2500 or above so it is surprising they said it was for a hoe. The arms are the same dimensions though so it would not matter.

The Daver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both my two doors have had stamped but as stated there should really be no difference between the two....

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
I have brand new Edelbrocks, but I still need to replace the ball joints. I need to do it sooner than later considering I just bought new tires.

Speaking of tires, I just bought some Goodyear Wrangler Authority's form Walmart. Not bad tires at all for the price. Awesome in mud and rain. They look more aggressive than most average M/T's! I read some bad reviews about bad wear, but as long as you fill them to 40psi they work great. 8K already and barely any wear.

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
I replaced my ball joints last month and there is a huge difference now. I still need to replace my leaf springs because they are flat and I know they are throwing off my caster.

As far as the Walmart tires, they are still holding up well. They are a little bit on the wobbily side because of the 2-ply sidewall but besides that they are not bad. They are amazing in snow. I am planning on getting a good set of Cooper Discoverer AT3's next time.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced my ball joints last month and there is a huge difference now. I still need to replace my leaf springs because they are flat and I know they are throwing off my caster.

As far as the Walmart tires, they are still holding up well. They are a little bit on the wobbily side because of the 2-ply sidewall but besides that they are not bad. They are amazing in snow. I am planning on getting a good set of Cooper Discoverer AT3's next time.

I have the same walmart tires and I like them alot!

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
I don't know if you remember the huge snow storm we had last winter in DC but I was at the hospital with my daughter when it happened. It was a nightmare when I was released. Everything was locked up. Within three hours there was almost a foot of snow and a few inches of ice on top of that. I did alright getting back onto 66 driving through grass and around exits, but after a while people gave up and abandoned their vehicles. It was like an auto mall in the middle of the interstate!

I could not get around any of the vehicles so I had to move them, owner around or not. I ( or the cop behind me) could not believe how easily I was able to chain up to the vehicles and get them out of the way. I even helped a 'burban pull a bus out of a small ditch who had the same tires! I was waiting for the cop to give me a ticket when he walked up to me afterwards. To my surprise he wanted to hook the chains for me so that he could get home himself!

Not bad for $500 in tires.