Writeup: Throttle Blade Removal Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Nice informative write up here. I just don't see how this could make a huge difference in performance. GM must have put it there for a reason right? I wonder if there might be any long term negative effects from removing it?

They put it in there to baffle acceleration power for smoother, softer acceleration. But if you are gentle with your foot, you can do it anyways.

And it is not a HUGE difference in performance, but enough to be noticed.

I'm doing this tomorrow! Nice write-up!

Thank you.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I did this to my black truck quite a while ago. Made throttle response a bit snappier at lower rpm's.
So I decided to play a little Hookey from my customer's stuff and do this to my blue truck.
Collected everything required, pulled off the aircleaner, flipped the blade up to take a look, & WTF?
That part to be removed is NOT there!
I know the O/O didn't remove it. Don't think that he owned anything more than a pair of slip-joint pliers & couple of screwdrivers. He had absolutely everything maintained on the truck by the dealership that he bought it from. I can't see the dealership doing this.
The only dif. between my two trucks is that they are a year different, & one's an automatic, & the other is a stickshift.
Is this mod only applicable to automatics, or is this a production year difference?
What have you guys noticed?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
i knida wonder if its only for the Auto's just because you have less control with them, but i doubt that because i doubt they had a different TB for stick and auto trucks