Would you buy it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I paid 7000$ for my truck (it was advertised for 7500$) and it's completely stock, although it came with a separate set of winter tires and it has aftermarket rims. Maybe that's because I'm in Canada...

My truck has 187,000 KMs (hasn't been driven since I bought it) and only a very small amount of rust on the bottom front lip of the hood.

Last edited:

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
If you know that all the work done to it has been good and not ghetto fab then it may be an alright deal. But remember, its still a 17 year old truck with 150k miles...

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Honestly, No, I wouldn't. the truck has a lot of "Custom" features, but do you NEED a dump bed? do you have to have a lift kit thats colormatched to the color of the truck? If you built a truck, would you build it the same way? if it isn't exactly the way you would build it, I wouldn't buy it. I'd use the 7 grand and find another GMT400 in good shape and use the rest of the money to build it how I want it to be, not how someone else wanted it to be..

I agree with AM92, after looking past the flashy stuff, it's still a 17 year old truck, with 150,000 miles.

(For anyone that knows, yes mine was on CL for $9,000 but the ad was a joke and I and my friend who posted it, knew it'd NEVER bring 9 grand)

If you want it, get it.. I would just make sure it's what you want, and that's why you're buying it, and youre not buying it to get it off of your buddies hands....

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Honestly, No, I wouldn't. the truck has a lot of "Custom" features, but do you NEED a dump bed? do you have to have a lift kit thats colormatched to the color of the truck? If you built a truck, would you build it the same way? if it isn't exactly the way you would build it, I wouldn't buy it. I'd use the 7 grand and find another GMT400 in good shape and use the rest of the money to build it how I want it to be, not how someone else wanted it to be..

I agree with AM92, after looking past the flashy stuff, it's still a 17 year old truck, with 150,000 miles.

(For anyone that knows, yes mine was on CL for $9,000 but the ad was a joke and I and my friend who posted it, knew it'd NEVER bring 9 grand)

If you want it, get it.. I would just make sure it's what you want, and that's why you're buying it, and youre not buying it to get it off of your buddies hands....

This. I wouldn't enjoy something that different that wasn't the kind of different that I liked, to the last detail.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I'd have to agree with the folks above. Unless it's what you want (or would like) don't do it. But to buy it just cause you're getting a friend discount, nah.

I will say it's a great looking truck, he should have posted more pics with the add!!!

jamestaylor47

Reaction score
I love everything about the truck. But yeah y'all are right it's not really something that i would want to keep. But 7k prob ain't bad for it.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What kind of hydraulic bed dump is that? Im looking for something like that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2