Would There Be Any Interest In A 1.5" Body Lift??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chiefmorton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am adding a 1.5"-2" lift AAL and will be cranking my TB's some to help level it up a little to help clear my 285-70-17 tires a little better. However I am also thinking I'd like to add about 1.5" of body lift in the near future. I've hunted high and low and can't find one so I contacted Zone and asked them if I could purchase the 1.5" spacers from their kit for the 07 and newer trucks and then the hardware and bumper brackets from their 2" kit for 88-98 trucks. Zone replied and said that the kits are pre-packaged and they can't bust up kits. I mentioned to them that I felt a 1.5" kit for the GMT400 models might be a big hit so she said she was going to run the idea past the boss man and see what he thinks.

Please post up your thoughts and especially those who would be interested in a kit like this, the more interest we get the better the chances we have in convincing Zone into putting a kit like this together.

Thanks, Brian

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
If I go to the trouble of installing a body lift I'd just do a 3", myself.

chiefmorton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand that thought to and alot of folks feel the same way and some will say if your gonna go with an 1.5" why not just go with a 2". I personally just don't like any more of the frame showing then I can get by with, figured there might be others that feel the same. I guess if there's not enough interest to get Zone to do this then I''ll either go with a 2" or build my own 1.5"kit.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The difference between the 1.5" and 2" is so little it would hardly be worth while to put on together and market it. Only reason I did the 1.5" on my 92 was cause I had plenty of 3" blocks to cut in half.

chiefmorton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is 1/2" really going to make that much difference?

Guess it all depends on who ya ask lol! I just think it's weird that manufacturers make 1.5" kits for the newer models that show even less frame in stock form than the GMT400's but not for the GMT 400'S. I guess another thing for me to take into consideration is that I have a black truck which helps on the frame not being so noticable.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's not point, you can crank 1.5" and add blocks without screwing up the bumper gaps.

I did a 2" BL but anything less than that would be a waste of time.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually I found it kinda odd that they sell a 1.5" for the newer trucks but not the older trucks.

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also searched high and low for a 1.5"....I think gm truck frame is hideous hanging out down there. I went with a 2" in the end and raised my steps to hide it. A year ago though...I woulda been all over the 1.5". Glad to see companies like Zone who will listen to their customer base and are still willing to reinvent products for older trucks.