Wont crank after fuel leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usar17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting 12v on solenoid wire with crank. Noticed my ground nut for the battery was stripped. Gonna replace that then put the starter back in.

If this doesnt magically fix itself what else is there to look at?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

usar17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Starter installed and i have no solenoid click now. I dont even hear the fuel pump running.

Looking at the old steelbraided lines, im starting to think something shorted out and energized the truck. They both look like welding marks right where they were touching the support brace for the transfer case.

usar17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update:
No good ground continuity from battery (-) terminal to engine block. Only when i disconnect both the alternator positive AND the positive on the firewall for the chassis does the ground on the engine return.

Removed battery and attempted starting with another, no luck.

Still no fuses blown or melted wiring that i can locate. Disconnecting the starter doesnt return the ground on the engine.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update:
No good ground continuity from battery (-) terminal to engine block. Only when i disconnect both the alternator positive AND the positive on the firewall for the chassis does the ground on the engine return.

Removed battery and attempted starting with another, no luck.

Still no fuses blown or melted wiring that i can locate. Disconnecting the starter doesnt return the ground on the engine.

Please please tell me you just typed this sentence wrong....

"Only when i disconnect both the alternator positive AND the positive on the firewall for the chassis does the ground on the engine return. "

There should be NO positive wire going to the firewall for the chassis .. the way that's worded is you have a positive wire attached right to the firewall. that right there will mess up a system..

sent from what use to be a great country...

usar17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No sorry. To the hub thats attached to the firewall. Plastic piece that is used to split the positive to the chassis circuits, pcm, etc.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ahh ok..... I kinda fiqured but had to make sure...lol..

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On a tbi, 94 k1500 set up... should be 3-4 grounds
1. Battery to block (mine was/is on the intake by the thermostat)
2. Battery to frame
3. Engine head to firewall
4.(I always add) battery to fender

Positive side of battery
1. To alternator
2. To starter(large terminal)
3. Power distribution block

Make sure all those are good and solid first.. then double check your signal wire to your starter from the key.. it sounds like you have a misplaced wire somewhere... make sure your signal wire is on the currect post on the starter aswell...

usar17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have all those and have verified the starter signal.