with a sway bar or without?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

specialized

Reaction score
broke a sway bar end link today and im trying to decide if i should just take the other one off and run the truck with out or fix it. i only drive the truck locally in never sees freeway and rarely 50+mph. ive looked it up and a new replacement one is only like ten bucks so im not afraid of the cost. i have replaced them before on a previous SUV and i know its going to be easy to fix, i just was wondering if anyone on here drives without the sway-bar connected/ and what conditions do you drive in?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I've got one side disconnected, and driving in town I haven't noticed it at all. Of course I have a 1-ton with really stiff t-bars, too. I have a new pair sitting in my Rockauto cart, right now. I picked out the AC-Delco Advantage. I want to buy them as a pair, not individually.

I had to cut the drivers side when I installed a new CV shaft. I couldn't get the shaft out with the link in place and the link was so rusted that the bolt head broke...... and I still had to cut it to get it out!

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
get energy suspension end links. I broke one not long ago and found another pair at advanced auto parts for less than $20. Polyurethane is superior.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I think Energy suspension from Autozone is what I had. I'm not going to pay premium prices for bolts and sleeves, and 4 pieces of rubber or poly. I would have simply rep;aced the bolts if I could have gotten the sleeve off.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
pretty much most of what you buy from autozone, is gonna be a premium price.

specialized

Reaction score
so i can say now that i didn't break one on the 24th i must have just heard it clank against the upper control arm. after removing it i can tell its been broken for a long time. just for the fun of it i also cut out the other on and drove it that way for a week just to see how it felt. then i bought a set and installed for and have been driving for about a week. honestly i don't feel much of a difference except on a set of s turns near my house. i can say tho is that with no end links and with still drive better than just having one that is broke. i have replaced a couple on my previous car, a 97 jeep grand Cherokee, and i can say that that thing with out the sway bar connected is a death trap. it does seem that my k1500 sits lower than almost any other in stock form often gets mistaken for a 2wd) and maybe that's why it doesn't matter as much