wiring question.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ugly88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok, i have a 95 yukon that has no high speed on the blower motor.did some research here and ended up replacing the blower relay and the resistor pack. no luck, so i bit the bullet and bought a new control head. still doesn't work. got a chiltons manual to check my wiring. so, my question is which wire supplies power to the relay for high? in the diagram i have it looks like an orange wire. if i want to put power to just that wire do i need to ground something else?

1ugly88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks man. i figured it out. once again stupidity reigns supreme. turns out someone swiped the 50 amp maxi fuse from the fuse box under the hood. guess i'll know for next time.

SmittySS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Howdy!
My 96 Suburban does not have High Blower, it hasn't since I bought the truck.
When the other speeds stopped working this past winter, I replaced the resistor as well as the blower motor. I installed the new blower because the original blower had a terrible squeak.
However, with the new parts installed it still did not have HI.
Using a test light, I determined that there is power from the control head to the relay, but there is no voltage supplied to the relay when it is activated.
The 50 amp fuse under the hood is good.
Is there a place where this wire, from the under hood fuse box to the connector under the dash, commonly fails?
Look forward to hearing from anyone with info, or links!

Smitty