Important Wiring Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didnt ignore the help, I just firgured Id try it just in case considering it took me 2 minutes to do and 5 seconds to cut the wire and the code dissappeared and the wiring is exactly how it was again. Im not ignoring, Im just trying to make 100% sure before I replace another part, especially an expensive one, that I try every single possible way of anything.
Ok, I just really meant your adding a new variable to your issue, which just confuses things.
I’d really just dig into the FSM and diagnose it that way. It can be tedious, but at least you’re on the right track.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1) are you using the OE service manual, free PDF download here in forum? Generic manuals won't work.
2) the diagnostics section is very complete, step process to correct problems, other manuals don't.
3) your wasting your time, there reasons why items are grounded where they are. Electricity is like water, it looks for the shortest easiest path.
4) stop guessing, if think you know better than GM engineers, do your experiments after getting it back to normal running.
5) repair damaged wiring, repair what needs repair, not inventing repairs
6) for any problem or repair, their may be 3 correct answers, that could correct the cause the problem. Not all repairs have a single correct answer.
7) your getting tunnel vision overly focused on grounds. Use the OE service procedures to diagnose your acceleration/ timing problem.
Low fuel pressure could cause your problem also.

Nick88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update! So I noticed yesterday the EGR was not working (It was the last duracrap part on my truck from Autozone so now all that cheap crap is off all Delco) That really helped driving around on the highway and acceleration. This morning i decided to reset my ecm by disconnecting battery to clear any codes. When I restarted the truck it popped code 45 at idle (rich) which it has for a while and normally shuts once the engine revs up. Once I started moving though, it stayed on so I checked again a couple blocks away and I also had code 54 (low fuel pump voltage) I know my fuel pressure is good... Im gonna try swapping in another relay from another truck, but I think it is ECM at this point. Between timing retarding and then randomly being perfect and now fuel voltage... everything is replaced. If I do replace ECM I am going to use a cardone reman. Any thoughts on Cardone ECMs, I know Ive heard some bad stuff about other Cardone parts in the past.