Wiring help needed please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jay_unlimited

Reaction score
Hello all,
I searched and can not find the answer I seek so please forgive me. I have a 94 full size blazer. I swapped in a front diff and 14 bolt rear from a 99 suburban when I did my lift. The vehicle has sat and all is done but the wiring. The 99 diff has the electric actuator and I think the indicator is built in.

Can anyone please confirm what all needs to get done? My guess is get a plug from a 98-99 gmt400 harness plug but not sure what needs to get spliced. Anyone have a write up?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

jay_unlimited

Reaction score
Thank you,
I do not believe 99 are controlled through the BCM. From what I can tell the actuator controls the indicator light on the 99 unit and it is a separate switch on the 94. I am not sure what else is different or what plugs are what. I am hoping someone can identify the 4 plugs and have read others have done this just can't see to find specifics.

Thank you for the link. I will keep that if I can't figure this out. Wiring is not my strong point lol

KennedyEngine

Reaction score
What kind of front axle is it? Was it a manual select or the push button type? I think they might have also made an automatic 4wd shifting front axle too.

I believe there should only be 1 harness for the front axle actuator, it’s a 5 pin connector but only has 4 wires.

There should be a brown, black, black/white, and a grey/white wire.

I’m not sure about the other connectors in the pictures.

jay_unlimited

Reaction score
Thank you,
I have no clue as to if it is from a manual shift or auto as they were already removed from the rig when I bought them. They are installed in my 94 Blazer and all that is left is trying to figure out how to wire it all up.

KennedyEngine

Reaction score
Here is where the wires for the front axle actuators go according to the schematic for a 99.

These are the 4 wires in the 5 pin harness that goes to the actuator.

Brown wire- this is power in coming from a 25a 4wd fuse under the dash.

Black wire- this wire goes to ground.

Grey/black wire- this wire goes to the transfer case switch.

Black/white wire- this wire goes to the transfer case control module, VCM, and ABS controls if applicable.

jay_unlimited

Reaction score
Thanks Kennedy,
You have the layout for the 94 for the actuator and indicator switch?

KennedyEngine

Reaction score
No I don’t sorry, only reason I have the 99 is cause I have one I’m doing a lot of wiring work on.

If you pay and subscribe with your vin you can get schematics on alldatadiy.com