Wiring harness driving me nuts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willinthe985

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, took the dash out to fix an a/c I was having. While taking it out I found out how much of a pain in the butt taking the harness off of the dash is. I know it's going to be even worse to reattach it while trying to put it back in. So my plan was to take the harness out and assemble the wiring to the dash and put it in a one. But the damn connector through the firewall is working my nerves. Got the two screws on the corners out, but don't go where to go next.

You must be registered for see images attach

This is where I'm at so far.

You must be registered for see images attach

Noticed there's a screw or bolt on the bigger connector on the bottom, but don't know what size it is. Then even if I did, I can't get my hand in there. Let alone a tool.

So how do I get this thing apart?

Thanks,
Will

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you will have to separate them wires to get to that bolt prob a mm size i will be looking forward to this when i put my 97 dash in.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah the bolt in the middle of the plug has to come out, most of them I have seen are 8mm or 5/16's.

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i looked at these wires on my truck and to shed some light on this all them wires has connection plugs on them they are tucked down
between firewall and wheel well just unplug all them and you're good to go.

willinthe985

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, finally got enough motivation to wrassle with it today. That bolt turned out to be a # 30 Torx head. Anyways, got it out so I'm about to attach it back to the dash. Hopefully it goes back together better than it came apart.

Will

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i found that out too on mine i ment to post it up but glad you solved it.