Wiring harness difficulties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MGive

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I’m not sure where this plug in is and what it is called I need help bad. And also will it cause my truck to not start. It’s a k1500 98 Chevy

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is that near the bellhousing? It looks like the transmission speed senor connector maybe? That sensor is at back of the transmission by the tailhousing, not sure if that wire connector would even be long enough?

MGive

Reaction score
There’s 2 of them and they look exactly the same. I can’t locate the plug ins for them. Would it make the truck not crank. I’m a 15 year old kid 4K Into this truck and I’ve put a new transmission in it myself so I could use all the help you can offer

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s 2 of them and they look exactly the same. I can’t locate the plug ins for them. Would it make the truck not crank. I’m a 15 year old kid 4K Into this truck and I’ve put a new transmission in it myself so I could use all the help you can offer
Hi, I can't help with the plug but I just wanted to say "good on ya" for having a go, I wish more kids your age would get their hands greasy. They would learn a lot more about real life than they get from a screen.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well darn. Kudos to you for doing a transmission swap at 15! I did my first transmission swap just last year at 38, so you are way ahead of the me! :D

There is a speed sensor on the transfer case. I don't know if your truck would have 2 speed sensors? Someone here will know...

On the no-start: was the neutral safety switch installed correctly? If you get it "clocked" wrong, sometimes the truck won't crank because the ECU "thinks" it's in Reverse or something like that. There's some little slots to fine tune it.

MGive

Reaction score
I have the speed sensor plugged in on the tail shaft of the t case. I’ll replace the neutral safety switch but man I’m tired of throwing money at it. I just want to hear it run again

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't replace it just yet. Watch a video on the proper installation, maybe it's okay and just needs adjustment. They are like $60, so not cheap.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

MGive

Reaction score
Don't replace it just yet. Watch a video on the proper installation, maybe it's okay and just needs adjustment. They are like $60, so not cheap.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Okay I’ll try this. But if I don’t have those two plugs in could that also be the cause as to it not starting?

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay I’ll try this. But if I don’t have those two plugs in could that also be the cause as to it not starting?
Yes, likely. I really don't know what it is though, if not the speed sensors. Hang tight. Someone will chime in.