Winter driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dover

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 90 Silverado 1500 may only be 2wd but with a good set of Hankook Dynapro ATM in 235/75/R15 and 650 pounds of ATV in the bed she has not even slipped a wheel in the snow. Round two of our blizzard starting now 8-12 inches predicted. Hope my luck keeps up.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You probably won't be so lucky if you're traveling unplowed roads. At least around here 8-12" usually turns into 3+ ft drifts which can be problematic.

Dover

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That I know for sure. Was out at 3 this morning using the FD’s 94 civilian h1 ambulance to pull a couple cops out of the snow drifts. She did it but just barely

DirtBag

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, here in Kansas, its the wind blown drifts that will get you.

That being said, the Hankook's are a great tire. I have a buddy that is running a set and has been very impressed.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I got around in upper MI in my 88 C1500 RCLB with a snowmobile almost always loaded. I ran Mastercraft Courser CT tires which would dig in about anything which is good because the google says my hometown averages 180" per year.

Dover

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I figure one of the perks of using the quad for weight is if I do get stuck I’m not stranded lol