Windshield removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

draginlow

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up a 18" long windshield knife at a local parts store. Cut the glue from the inside and came right out. It was like $25 for the knife. I wanted to save mine because less then a year ago I replaced it and it was tinted. I had to remove it so I could repair a dent right one he edge then repainted the truck. Cost me $50 to have a glass guy re install it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy1500

Reaction score
I also recently replaced my windshield when I repainted my truck. I called a couple of local shops to get quotes and all, including Safelite told me that with the year (96) it was a 75% chance that they would break it pulling it out and they don't cover that. So I figured it would give it a shot. Started with piano wire which basically got nowhere fast, then tried a big sharp knife. That worked great until coming around a corner it put just a bit too much stress on it and cracked it. From there out it was easy because it didn't matter.
A new windshield was $220 installed from Safelite with a coupon code and they came to me on a Saturday morning.

Kyle