window seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Wellllll let's keep 'em straight - your pop rivet style are on the door panel, the inside of the door window. The metal clip ones I posted are for the outside of the window. They're the alternative to the ones that just have the large tabs in the plastic that pretend to grip the door shell but roll up with the window after a while.

Those Rubber the Right Way people almost for sure have the ones that go on the inside as well, haven't checked. Edit - here they are; linked at the bottom of the "outer" page as a suggested add-on purchase. Here's the "inner" - https://www.rubbertherightway.com/i-30505489-beltline-windowfelt-kit-front-door-inner.html

Doesn't say how their inner attaches but IIRC the OEM ones are attached with big staples.

Richard

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, yup, I didn't blow the pictures up large enough. I got the metal clip ones for WCJr. They're the only way to go.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, yup, I didn't blow the pictures up large enough. I got the metal clip ones for WCJr. They're the only way to go.
The one thing I wasn't sure of, is if the metal clip design will work on the newer door shells. I *think* they should but can't prove it. My '93 has the original, very weathered, metal clip design. As absolutely beat to death as they are, they still hold tight. Hopefully in a bit I can motivate myself to get out in the garage and do some work - need to remove the door panels and pop the mirrors loose so I can replace those outer window rubbers. While I've got the door panels off my intention is to give the glass the razor blade/windex treatment so they can be ready for window tint (there's a bunch of old tint adhesive residue on them.)

A while back I bought new ones for my '94 from LMC. They were the kind that just rely on the wide plastic tabs, which were the same as the OEM ones on that truck. They worked OK for a few months then began letting go and rolling up with the window. The only thing keeping them from flying off the truck was the area held by the side mirrors.

Richard