Wind Noise fix for Ext. Cab windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
So I was browsing through GMFS... never been there before and I know how disliked they are from here but I did find something I thought was worth sharing. Been getting some wind noise lately from my ext. cab windows and I'm thinking I might try these out, they are supposed to help pull the window closed .050" more than the original links.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wind-Noise-...-/260814914316?hash=item3cb9c7c30c&rmvSB=true

Rusty Nail

Artificial membership inflator
Reaction score
Damn!
That is hella expensive. What if it doesn't work?
I would try something else first. I don't know WHAT, but something that doesn't cost $35.00 and probably involves a heat gun.
I'd keep looking.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
I'm not spending any money at all yet, just thought it was worth a share. Having a very windy spring here in IL and I've noticed the wind noise is louder than normal, could be due to the stronger winds rather than the window links being loose.

IADC43

Reaction score
I bought some and I do think they help get rid of wind noise. Is kind of a PIA to get the handle spread to insert the piece. Heat would have helped.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
did you read the comment in there, it said that when your open those windows the clip is too big and does not stay attached to the window.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
Yeah except I rarely open them so I'm okay with them staying closed.

Sent from my 5.7 powered iPhone

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought them a few years ago for my 98 and didn't really notice any difference. They're kind of a pain to install since you nearly have to break the plastic to spread the clips apart, but I noticed no fitment issues.

How does your weatherstripping look?