'96 1500 ext. cab: care and feeding of the little rear, side 1/4 tip out windows???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DennisT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So my high mileage 1996 K1500 came out of the back building today after off-and-on little, "fix-ups," all winter. Since I got it late last summer, I have NEVER opened the little tilt out windows on each side of it's extended cab. (Too many little things to fix before I opened a new can of worms) And before I open them, are there any things I ought to look out for? I know to be careful.....who knows when the PO ever opened them. And if either has a problem, I want to do my homework first so I don't find myself with a sudden problem. Lube? Lithium? Brittle plastic? Any comments about things you've run into are appreciated. Thanks, Dennis

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd like to know more about them, mine has a roll pin the kind of works it's way out of the pivot point. Do they make replacement parts for them?