will it hold \up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do not know if the tranny is original or not? anyway to kjnow? also i am putting some 33's on my 2wd and want ot see if yall think my tranny will crap out on me. as of now i have 228,ooo on the odometer ( once again do not know about tranny) also have 3.42s in rear end and do not have them money to regear so with that said i do not want alot of people just posting regear. Should the tranny hold up to these tires? i do strictly city driving no mudding or anything of the like. thanks in advance

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
As long as it feels stung right now it should be fine

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Almost every transmission will go out eventually. Could be tomorrow, could be five years from now. Your speedometer will be off if you change the tire size though.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Of equal concern at that mileage would be the rear 10 bolt axle, the engine, etc.

Drive it easy, no jack rabbit starts or burnouts and you should be fine for a while.

That many miles and the drivetrain is closer to the end than the beginning. The tires would be mu least concern, although it is added load on a high mileage vehicle. Not exactly a best case scenario.

You get what you get....it breaks when it breaks.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
yah id be ALOT more worried about the 10 bolt than the tranny

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty much what I figured. It's strong and sturdy now so I guess I'll just hope for the best and drive easy tha ls guys

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Pretty much what I figured. It's strong and sturdy now so I guess I'll just hope for the best and drive easy tha ls guys

sound good to me same thing i would do

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
how long have you had the truck? because my guess is its been rebuild or replaced, sometimes they have stickers on the bell housing saying gm rebuild part or something like that