WIll 37" tires fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
I have an awesome opportunity to pick up a set of 37" tires w/ rims and I was wondering if I would be able to make them work. Currently I have a 3" bl but I'm planning to crank the tb and place some blocks in the rear. Is it possible to run this tire setup with this lift?

Ps. The truck is a 97 gmc sierra extended cab z71

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I have an awesome opportunity to pick up a set of 37" tires w/ rims and I was wondering if I would be able to make them work. Currently I have a 3" bl but I'm planning to crank the tb and place some blocks in the rear. Is it possible to run this tire setup with this lift?

Ps. The truck is a 97 gmc sierra extended cab z71

what rims? this would be the major factor

I'm going to say 90% chance you won't fit them without major trimming. Most guys fit 35"s with that setup (3" with 2" B+C) but I have seen one or two with 36" tires with more trimming.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
what rims? this would be the major factor

I'm going to say 90% chance you won't fit them without major trimming. Most guys fit 35"s with that setup (3" with 2" B+C) but I have seen one or two with 36" tires with more trimming.

Remember Hunter had 37's with a 3" BL :word:

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Remember Hunter had 37's with a 3" BL :word:

Yep, that's why I said "90% chance without major trimming" Hunter took a sawzall to his truck multiple times to make those monsters fit.

That's also why I mentioned rim size/offset. Hunter would have had an even harder time if he had say 10" rims with high offset.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
But of course he did some major trimming and still had rubbing....

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea wheels will matter... On the narrow side with a good bit of backspacing. There's a guy on here (I think... maybe on another forum) with an OBS 2-door Tahoe with a 3" BL + crank running 36x12.50x16 TSL's on 16x8 steel Cragar's with 5" backspacing. He didn't need any trimming except to the valence if I remember right.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
I'm sorry guys, my instant notification isn't working. Right now I'm not sure on the rims but I have a picture of them. The rims are 20" rims I do know that but he has a 6" lift from what I understand.

Here's a pic

You must be registered for see images attach

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I'm sorry guys, my instant notification isn't working. Right now I'm not sure on the rims but I have a picture of them. The rims are 20" rims I do know that but he has a 6" lift from what I understand.

Here's a pic

You must be registered for see images attach

Just from that pic it doesn't look like they stick out to far. I would recommend getting a 6" lift or at least a 4" if u have a body lift already. With just a BL and crank it will rub everywhere. I had to cut alot off my front bumper and they beat the crap out of the rear of my front fenders. You won't be able to turn all the way because they will rub the frame. It looks good but I will never do it again, it's annoying off road.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Just from that pic it doesn't look like they stick out to far. I would recommend getting a 6" lift or at least a 4" if u have a body lift already. With just a BL and crank it will rub everywhere. I had to cut alot off my front bumper and they beat the crap out of the rear of my front fenders. You won't be able to turn all the way because they will rub the frame. It looks good but I will never do it again, it's annoying off road.

Thanks. Thats what I was worried about. I can't really afford to buy a lift right now so I guess I'm going to pass on the deal.