Who makes GL5 Dino No Additive Differential Fluid???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92_Bahama

Reaction score
I am changing one of my rear axle seals this weekend and changing the differential fluid at the same time. I need some 80w-90 for the front and 85w-140 for the back. All dino oil with no LSD additive. Was going to run Lucas but called them and they told me they their oil has additive built in. If somebody knows where or what brand to get chime in.

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why don't you want addictive? It won't hurt anything, and many of the additives are good even if you don't have a limited slip.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If he's got RPO G80 - Eaton Gov-Loc - it is designed to operate with no friction modifier additive, and per a GM TSB any additive of that sort can cause problems.

Richard

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plain GL5 is usually on the shelf next to the one marked friction modifier/limited slip.

92_Bahama

Reaction score
Yes I have the G80 Eaton Gov Loc. Ended up going with Lucas. Picked up the parts today going to do it this weekend. Lucas is the only one I could find without Limited Slip stamped somewhere on the damn bottle.