Which wires to tap under the column for neutral safety & reverse lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hotrodharley

Reaction score
Yeah... I'd like to kmow as well... I know there is a blue wire and a green wire going to the switch on the steering column... Is one for the neutral and the ohter for the back up lights..? The micro switches on the B&M shifter has 4 tangs on it. Are the other 2 for ground wires..? Orrr..??

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of my 5spd swap and if you are 88-94 there is no actual NSS for an auto. There is a mechanical switch to keep the key from turning to start, rather than an electrical switch to break the circuit when the key is turned to start. The start circuit is a single heavy-gauge purple wire from the ignition switch. I'm wiring the clutch pedal NSS inline with that purple wire.

The blue/green pair of wires is for the reverse switch. Selecting R completes the circuit for the reverse lights.

I'm assuming your B&M shifter has two tangs inline for the starter circuit, and two tangs inline for the reverse circuit.