which lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i currently have a 6'' procomp lift for my truck that i was going to install long story short i got the lift for free but someone welded the upper a-arm brackets to the frame and i need to cut those out. while reading through the directions of the procomp there is a lot involved. ive been looking a a rcx lift also and looking at the directions its pretty straigh forward on what i need to do im thinking about selling the procomp and buying a rcx was just looking for the pros and cons and what you guys recommend

for the pro-comp I'm going to need all new shocks and probably u-bolts also

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would go with the RCX non torsion, its 1200 and its a good kit. I have a budy that has one on a 96 extended cab and he is not gently on it and it has held up nice. you will have to have new Y pipe welded up, cus you have to cut it up. I dont see payin that much for a lift. I paid 2300 for my Fab Tech on my 06 CC. and I shoulda went with Rough Country just to save money. Its a nice kit

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
I would go with the RCX non torsion, its 1200 and its a good kit. I have a budy that has one on a 96 extended cab and he is not gently on it and it has held up nice. you will have to have new Y pipe welded up, cus you have to cut it up. I dont see payin that much for a lift. I paid 2300 for my Fab Tech on my 06 CC. and I shoulda went with Rough Country just to save money. Its a nice kit

yeah i haven't really decided I'm not going to wheel the truck might take it through a muddy field a few times or up in the northern woods hunting but no hard wheeling

the thing is trying to find someone to buy my pro-comp for 1000 to by the rcx because i don't have the extra money to put into a lift i already plan on buying all new ball joints and tie-rod ends

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
They make a non-torsion drop for our trucks? I'm pretty sure thats only for NBS and up.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd be using the one I got, you gonna have to cut it off anyways and sell it to someone else.

I know I would LOVE to have it, but you getting it free and having issues, that scares me as to what needs done? in detail, and if I knew all that I'd have no problem buying it at all, as long as it's cheap enough.

So with that said you seriously wanna sell it pm me some info on what the thing needs to make it work and what kinda price. I'd also have to get it shipped if that's possible.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
yeah i honestly dont know what I'm doing but swims you will be the first to know if I'm ready to sell it i kno that the brackets were welded in there and one of the bars that go back to the tranny cross member is bent tomorrow after school when its light out i will get some pictures. and i was going to just sell it with the part of frame that it was welded to.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't see it being a problem if the price is right. If something happens I have to pass somebody else could jump on it.

jantzer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 6.5 Dick Cepek for sale if anybody is interested. Looking to get $750 for it. I also have 6" procomp lift springs you can have, just have to pay shipping.