Which bumper/signal lights? Help me chose.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
I got some black spyder projectors (yes yes, I know... not real projectors (I am guinea pigging these for you all)) as I seen some youtube vids showing a very good light output and cutoff line. The 'knock-off' spyders appear to melt, but I bought the factory ones. To the eye, quality wise, they look outstanding.

You must be registered for see images attach

Anyways!

Should I get these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/380965568189

or these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/351144279828

I'm leery of the LEDs and them burning out, but they are pretty damn sweet looking.

What do you all think?

Last edited:

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
LEDs it is.

If you noticed, they are chrome with the black surround. Being as how I have the black spyders... should I do the all black LEDS or the ones I linked?

Thanks guys!

ThePlague

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
When i get around to getting new bumper lights ill be going with the leds. I think they look good.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is interesting, I noticed that your plastic on the front of those assemblies is marked "SONAR," which coincidentally is the manufacturer marking on my no-name eBay corners that I put on my Suburban. I believe they're a Taiwanese company. I did some research on them when I was trying to find some more of these corners, they haven't been available for quite some time.

You must be registered for see images

Not necessarily a bad thing, just something to be aware of. I have my suspicions that 90% or so of the aftermarket lights for this grille style are made in the same factories by a select two or three Chinese and Taiwanese companies and then marketed by different major distributors such as Anzo, Spyder, TYC, etc. I've seen a set of LMC headlights in person that were literally indistinguishable from my Anzos and came in the exact same unmarked white box. In this particular situation I'm not sure I'd expect those Spyders to be of superior quality because they're "authentic," but I'm not saying they're garbage either. Just pointing out that most of this stuff probably comes from the same places regardless of who you buy it from.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
*snip*

Not necessarily a bad thing, just something to be aware of. I have my suspicions that 90% or so of the aftermarket lights for this grille style are made in the same factories by a select two or three Chinese and Taiwanese companies and then marketed by different major distributors such as Anzo, Spyder, TYC, etc. I've seen a set of LMC headlights in person that were literally indistinguishable from my Anzos and came in the exact same unmarked white box. In this particular situation I'm not sure I'd expect those Spyders to be of superior quality because they're "authentic," but I'm not saying they're garbage either. Just pointing out that most of this stuff probably comes from the same places regardless of who you buy it from.

I appreciate the insight. I have no doubt that they are 'cheap'. I have seem some of the spyder look-a-likes that have no stamping at all on the lense (there is a faded pair here in town on a garbage c1500), which is partly where my comparison stemmed from. It would be interesting to find if the sonar stamping implied any relevance to the original manufacturer. I wonder if the headlight is a sum of multiple components of different manufacturers, and if there is where the difference lies?

Anyways, I'll report back after getting them installed with my HIDs (won't show till 25th); and if they ever melt/fade, I'll report that as well.