Where does this fuse belong to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No fusebox under the hood on the 89. Only under the dash. Have not checked the fusible links under the hood yet though. Don´t know exactly where they go. Would like a wiring diagram. Have been searching on the net.

The only stuff I remember being under your hood is on the firewall.

mr_josh

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure sounds like a bad turn signal switch or wiring to me and the reverse lights are a coincidence.

I’d pull the column apart and start wiggling wires.

95+ have plenty of “mini fuses”.

Reaction score
Turn signal switch has come up a few times. Seems like that could be it. The question is - could welding on a car without disconnecting the battery cause damage to the turn signal switch? They admitted to me they did not disconnect. All lights worked fine when I delivered the car at the shop. And did not work when I drove from there.

I don't want to accuse them for anything, but 98% of people here asks me - did they disconnect?! ALWAYS disconnect when welding they say - and that is people who really know their stuff. Is it possible to fry the turn signal switch??!

Another says the diodes on the alternator could have been fried. What do you think?

Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They didn't fry your switch by not disconnecting the battery. The main concern when welding is accidentally inducing a voltage into electronics that can fry their tiny little transistors. Your turn signal switch is electric, not electronic.